Events page for more information on other upcoming events!More information on Heart of Brevard 2021 holiday plans will be available at this page closer to the date! Checkout our
Heart of Brevard Holiday Windows Competition & Walking Tour and Virtual Variety Show
The holidays are a beautiful time to stroll the streets of Historic Downtown Brevard and support the small local businesses that call Downtown home. This year’s festivities, as with many things in 2020, look very different from year’s past but we are excited to offer a host of virtual and safe in person events to celebrate and support our downtown community this holiday season.
This year’s holiday celebrations will feature a virtual Brevard Variety Show and a Holiday Windows Competition & Walking Tour. Learn more about this year’s holiday events below.
Many businesses will also be open late, offer special promotions andgift wrapping to help with all of your shopping needs. We will share that information here.
Read Heart of Brevard’s full press release on our 2020 Holiday events HERE.
Holiday Windows Competition & Walking Tour
This holiday season The Heart of Brevard encourages businesses to participate in the inaugual Holiday Windows Competition & Walking Tour, and decorate downtown Brevard storefronts.
Whether you inspire onlookers with sparkling lights, entice them with the perfect gift or take them on a whimsical holiday journey – the holiday window display competition will encourage the community to come downtown and shop local.
If you are a downtown business with a physical storefront, dress up your windows with a holiday makeover. If your business does not have a downtown brick and mortar presence, you can still participate by partnering with an existing downtown business to create a winter wonderland. Businesses can also team up with artists, schools, churches and nonprofits to create a one-of-a-kind display.
- Participating businesses must be located in the Heart of Brevard and must register by November 17 to be eligible for judging.
- There is no fee to participate.
- Holiday displays must be completed before Black Friday, November 27.
- Businesses are encouraged to stay open late on Friday, December 4 and Saturday, December 5th to kick off the Walking Tours.
- It is encouraged that window lights stay on until at least 9 p.m. A timer is recommended.
- Lights, movement and unusual materials are encouraged in window displays
- Register HERE.
- November 20 Contest registration deadline.
- November 27 People’s Choice voting begins.
- December 4-6 Celebrity Judging Rounds
- December 27 People’s Choice voting ends.
- December 30 Contest winners announced.
- Best Overall
- Best Use of Product or Merchandise
- Best Theme
- Best WOW Factor
- Best Use of Recycled Materials
- People’s Choice Award
How do I vote for the People’s Choice Award?
While doing your holiday shopping in downtown, peruse all of the holiday decorated windows. Take a photo (selfies encouraged) of the window you feel deserves the People’s Choice Award and tag @heartofbrevard in your photo. That business will receive a vote in their favor for each tag.
View the Holiday Windows Competition & Walking Tour Map HERE.
Virtual Heart of Brevard Variety Show
This year’s holiday celebrations will feature a virtual, Brevard Variety Show. The Brevard Variety Show, will
premiere as an online collection of videos, offering a combination of entertainment, tutorials and Downtown
Brevard business promotions. An exclusive interview with Santa, holiday recipes, children’s crafts, musical
acts and the traditional reading of The Night Before Christmas are all part of the line-up.
See the full Heart of Brevard Holiday Variety Show Schedule HERE.